ConBond-SBR is a modified styrene butadiene rubber emulsion which is supplied as a ready to use white liquid. It is designed to improve the quality of site-batched cementitious mortars and slurries. Being resistant to hydrolysis, it is ideal for internal and external applications in conjunction with cement.
ConBond SBR is used as a bonding agent for cementitious/ gypsum plasters, renders, waterproofing primer coat etc. It is used to increase water tightness of renders to be applied on internal and external walls, basements, swimming pools, water tanks, tunnels, underpasses, sludge tanks etc.
ConBond SBR modified cement-based mixes have the following advantages:
- Tensile strength increased
- Excellent adhesion to steel and
- It prevents cracking by improving flexural strength
- Similar thermal expansion and modulus properties to concrete
- Excellent bond to old concrete & new concrete, masonry, stonework, plaster and blockboard
- Compatible with all types of cements
- Bonding agent for slip bricks, ceramic tiles,
- Reduces shrinkage
- Good frost, abrasion resistance and resistance to water- borne salt penetration
- Non toxic